For over fifty years Purvis, Gray and Company has provided audit, accounting, and management services to governmental entities including counties, school boards, municipalities, utility authorities, community development districts, special purpose districts, and quasi-governmental entities. Our professionals understand the demands placed on governmental bodies and utilize our expertise to help them achieve their mission.
Our core competence in all types of governmental utilities include electric, gas, water, wastewater, stormwater, sanitation, and landfills.
The following is a list of some of the standard services we provide:
- Financial Audits I/A/W Yellow Book and Florida Auditor General Rules
- Federal and State Single Audits - All Programs Including ARRA Funding
- GFOA CAFR Review and Preparation (SRC Review Committee Member)
- Pension Plan Audits - General Employees, Police Officers, and Firefighters
- Special Audit Reports for County Clerks, Landfill Closure, and Revolving Loan Funds
- Bond Issue Assistance - Parity Certificates, Flow of Funds, and Consent Letters
- Utility Accounting for Electric, Gas, Water, Wastewater, and Sanitation
- Utility Billing System Reviews
- Community Redevelopment Agency Tax Incremental Finance (TIF) Audits
- Assistance Implementing New GASB Standards
- Client CPE
- Computer Systems Evaluation
- Internal Controls & Fraud Assessments
- Management Studies
- Grant Application Assistance
- Tax Consultation - All Areas
Our Quality Commitment
As a member of the American Institute of CPAs Governmental Audit Quality Center, we are committed to adhering to the highest quality standards by voluntarily agreeing to the Center membership requirements, which include designating partners responsible for the quality of our governmental audit practice, establishing quality control programs, performing annual internal inspection procedures, and making our peer review report findings publicly available.
Click here to review our most recent peer review report.