In 1946, Roy L. Purvis, Howard W. Gray and Earl P. Powers founded a public accounting practice in Gainesville, Florida.  It would make them proud to know that their legacy stands strong 75 years later.  The three founding Partners, and the total of 39 that have served at Purvis Gray since its beginning, have lead the firm on a successful path of growth and development which continues to this day.   

 

As a result of our 100% organic growth, Purvis Gray now employs over 100 dedicated partners and staff in six locations across the state of Florida. Today we humbly serve thousands of clients out of our offices in Gainesville, Ocala, Tallahassee, Sarasota, Orlando and Lakeland. 

We are thankful for our clients, employees, partners and communities for helping us reach this remarkable milestone. 

 

Take a moment to scroll through 75 years of Purvis Gray history below.

1946

1955

Purvis Gray and Powers outgrows original Miller Building and moves to  new building at 200 NE   1st Street

1965

Purvis Gray and   Powers moves to   current   Gainesville location,   222 NE 1st Street

Late 1960s

1971

Firm officially changes name to Purvis Gray and Company

1980

First Woman Partner named

1986

Purvis Gray  40th  Anniversary

Late 1980s

Team with Joe Welch, Partner and John Williams, Partner.

Quinn Waters, Partner

Ocala Office 1988

David Webb and

Leah Oehmig

Jerry Handley, Partner and Terry Kite

Website 2000-2021

2019

Purvis Gray  reaches

100 employees

2021

1987 Tallahassee Office  Opens

1946  Gainesville Office  Opens

1997 Sarasota Office Opens

1982 Ocala Office Opens

2018 Orlando Office Opens

2020 Lakeland Office Opens

Gainesville

Orlando

Ocala

Sarasota

Tallahassee

Lakeland

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
BDO_Alliance_Logo_v2_outlined.png